Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Level Days

Music Of The Day : O-Zone - DragoStea Din Tei (Chicken Little Song ???)

Firstly I'd like to thank Elvina for her kind efforts to get me the crazy Chicken Little Song! Here it is! Sounds cool!! Can u guys hear it? Testing new method of music embed. Great Song girl!
My continued ramblings has got nothing to do with the pictures here once again. jus adding some pictures to spice up the post. Cheers!
While attempting to write out my life here, I am considering whether to end this blog when my posting is complete. My history up till my age now will be told here in as much truth as possible. It would probably take another 12 or 13 posts, maybe..... then may end this blog. Coz there will be too much truth being told thus the need to end the blog. Everything should end before December I think. Not too sure yet but guess its a likely decision.
Ok now to history proper.
1993 - 1995
Admitted into Seletar Institute at the age of 17 to 19. My tasking is to complete my A-Levels. Quite a few areas were concurrently happening. Let me try to take you through as comprehensively as possible.
Studies
I did commerce with Economics, Management of Business and Principles of Accounting for my A Level subjects. 3 AO subjects were Additional Mathematics, Chinese Language and General Paper. 1st year was remarkable for me because I really studied hard. The feeling of defeat stung so badly that I stay very low profile in the school. Just merely concentrated in my studies. Wanted to prove myself something.
My favourite subject then other than General Paper was Economics. At the end of the first year, I was one of the top students in the school. There was only 1 student who scored A for Economics and that person was me. I was very motivated by my O Level defeats and Helen Chong's amazing teachings. She also taught me that there isn't such a thing as "irregardless". Only "regardless". Learnt so much from her. Overall yr 1 and 2 was a good year for me in terms of my studies.
It was in 3rd year which mattered that I, again, lost focus. This time is because of a heartache..... a broken promise..... a broken heart. My studies plunge downhill. There was no return. I could not handle it. When healing started, my studies were a goner.... so sad.
National Writing Competition
In year 2 of my school life, 1994, I join a National Writing Competition. I represented Seletar Institute and wrote "Protect The East Asian Seas". There were top 3 prizes and 12 consolations up for grabs. The entries poured in with more than 600 essays. I clinched one of the consolation prizes. It was an exhirating feeling and I felt on top of the world. Won another "crappy" book which was of a higher value but heaven knows where I threw the book. Kekeke... The prize wasn't important, the award was. The school recognised me as someone uniquely low profile but starting to stand out amongst the others.
Of course it started with my reputation in Economics. People started to know who I am but I didn't know who they were. One of such a person is my future 2nd gf. We will touch on that in later post.
So although my studies flopped once again..... I didn't feel as much pain as I felt during O Levels. I had achieved full A levels. It wasn't too bad but definitely isn't good enough for the local University. Eventually I did decide to go do a private Degree Programme after my National Service (NS). So what led to the decline of my studies this time round? We will come to that.
Sports
In school, I was still very devoted to church activities. It still took alot of my time away from my studies. In year 2 onwards I started to go high key in sports like Basketball and Football. Could not stay low profile like what I initially wanted to. So as you can read, my time was already wasted away by sports and church activities. Still making the same mistake as usual. Its like I have not learnt from the mistake I made in the past. The pain was evident in year 1 of my course but as time healed my wounds, yr 2 of my studies onwards became quite a torture.
Of course a bright spark was that I received a Certificate of Commendation for good performance in Basketball A Division in which I played as a centre! Keke.....
I still played football but due to a more intense involvement in Basketball, thus my football slacked. Hey, in those days there were Michael Jordan. He was the hero of all sportsmen then! So loved to play Basketball then. My sporting achievements were still as good in Seletar Institute.
Motorcycle Accident
I must mention that I was 17 when I got my motorcycle class 2B license. Got myself a bike. Started with a LC then an RD then finally a Piaggio!! Piaggio is a cute scooter! Or I should say its a BIG scooter! Rode that bike for some 6 years. In those days poor, bo bian..... had to ride bike around. It was kinda fun. Had 2 bike accidents. One I was pillion while my elder brother was the rider. Two, I skidded in a carpark area near a friend's place. Both landed in hospital and was treated.
The 1st accident, I was carrying several boxes of mooncakes while my brother rode the bike with me as pillion. We came to a cross junction at Paya Lebar road and Bartley Road. He collided with an Alsatian Dog!!! Rammed right into it. I was thrown from the bike, with the boxes of mooncakes still tightly held, onto my brother while we both fell down suffering injuries instanteously. My brother suffered alot of light wounds. Lots of scratches which was superficial but very painful. I suffered lesser wounds but my wounds were very serious. The worse was when the accident stopped.... I laid on the ground. I realised my right feet is inside the Alsatian's mouth! It was biting me so as to endure the immense pain it was feeling. Like how a pregnant women would bite onto something. It sank two teeth into my feet. Blood gushed out profusely..... passerbys rushed onward to assist. Lifted us to the side road while the dog limped away howling in pain. Literally.
The Ambulance and Police arrive within minutes. the police kinda didn't believe we rammed into a dog but the dog bite and many road witnesses countered their disbelief. I should have bought 4D hoh? Underage la....... we were evacuated to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. My elder brother cried. He felt awful that he got me into this mess. He was someone who took pride in his riding skills. Well I must say, he's good. Really. I had only a few injuries but very very deep ones. So mine was considered more serious than my brother's. It seems that pillions always suffer more in bike accidents. Dun ride bike. Serious. Take it from me. So it was one accident that was strongly embedded in my mind. Geezz..... but I didn't grow to be afraid of it. Used my abilities to service my relationship then you see. There would be more in future post. Enough for now.
Next Post
These are small issues compared to the next thing I am gonna talk about in my next post. My 1st gf relationship with me. Della. I will talk about how I conducted my relationship with her, the temptations, the behaviour, the conduct, the acts, the betrayal and the inevitable crumbling of my world there and then. It deserves an entire post all by itself.
"Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers"
"All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts"

17 Comments:

Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

u jus reminded me i still haven't go and attend my class 2b despite i've signed up.

*better go piang liao*

9:01 AM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

i mean..PIAH.

9:01 AM  
Blogger 孺子牛 said...

Yes, that time LC kia was popular, subsquently, TZR or something like that, couldn't remember too well.

9:33 AM  
Blogger brokenpromises said...

i wan go take 2b leh. Spinnee we go together le

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jade Falcon Elite said...

No! No! No!

Aiyo,
My post is not to remind or encourage u ladies to ride motorcycle la!!! Pls la.... Its really dangerous la.......

The consequences are very great! It s thrill and joy to ride, but what happens if accident? U make ur love ones around u sad. Hearts will be broken.

Spinnee! U signed up but didn't go coz its destiny that u should not go! Stay that way k??

Broken Promise..... i strongly discourage u to do so. Dun learn la...... I m not joking. Sigh....

1:09 PM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

No way. I'm sure going one.

Oi, BP, let's meet at BBDC ya

1:28 PM  
Blogger old beng said...

Girls should be driven and taken care of. Why want to ride a bike? If really need to travel around, get a car instead. I agree with JFE, bike too dangerous.

2:00 PM  
Blogger El@inE said...

YAH~i was wanting go learn de, bt after workin with road accident-related work, I dropped the idea. Juz a small bump and -.-"" serious consequences...
Car is better...got aircon somemore...safe n good. No need worry bout rain and wad too...

2:09 PM  
Blogger brokenpromises said...

k spinnee. Keep me posted abt it.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Should have made a bet with you on the Chicken Little song..... like free movies from now till 2010. Don't believe I have the song right?? !@#$%^&*

2:34 PM  
Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Jade: This is for you....
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/206000/206373_numanuma.swf

Enjoy - haha!

3:14 PM  
Blogger .......... said...

I was from commerce too.. haha my results were poor.. don't really enjoy my JC life.. keke

6:10 PM  
Blogger Hiao Auntie said...

i also wanna ride motorbike... but i rather get pilot's license, kekeke... i regret i nvr join youth flying club

10:36 PM  
Blogger blueapple said...

I kind of dont agree to girls riding a bike leh.. simply because i think it's dangerous and, ugly. Girls riding bike very cool meh... =/ (no offence to spinnee and BP huh..)

I'm taking my tp end of this month. Wish me luck!! LOL

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jade Falcon Elite said...

Accidents are truly serious. I have puncture wounds to prove it. I have scars to prove it. The pain was tremendous. The recovery took 1 month. The consequences are real.

I still stand by what I said. Dun learn.

Cars are really better. That's why I am selling cars la!!!

Hiao Auntie...... NO BIKE!
Spinnee.......... NO BIKE!
Broken Promise... NO BIKE!

Or do u guys prefer me to sell my car and join u guys buy a bike???

1:37 AM  
Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

I prefer you keep your car. My friend lost his entire foot in a bike accident. His life was never the same after that...


Just want you to be safe...though I know you don need me to worry about you. You have an uncanny aptitude for driving wat.

1:53 AM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

I drive. I have a car la!

So i wanna bike now!!

I wanna fly too leh ah hiao!!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home